The following maps show the current disposition of mineral rights in Alberta for different mineral commodities.
Please note: To use the interactive maps, all Pop-Up Blockers on your computer must be turned off.
Maps in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format are also available.
Base Map Data provided by the Government of Alberta under the Alberta Open Government Licence.
Interactive Metallic and Industrial Minerals Map
An interactive map of the province of Alberta showing the current metallic and industrial minerals dispositions.
- Effective May 1, 2006 lands returned to the land bank will not be available for acquisition for 30 days.
- For more information see the information bulletin IB-2006-01.
Sales Results Map
Sales Results Map
An interactive map of the province of Alberta displaying the most recent petroleum and natural gas and oil sands sale results. The map also provides information about existing petroleum and natural gas and oil sands agreements.
Petroleum and Natural Gas and Oil Sands Map
An interactive map of the province of Alberta providing information about Petroleum and Natural Gas and Oil Sands agreements as well as parcels available for bidding in upcoming sales.
Interactive Ammonite Shell Map
An interactive map of the province of Alberta showing the current ammonite shell dispositions.
Interactive Coal Map
An interactive map of the province of Alberta showing the current coal dispositions.
GeoDiscover Alberta (GDA) is a gateway to web-based Alberta geospatial information and information services. It allows the Government of Alberta, industry stakeholders and the public to make sound decisions by:
- Improving the consistency, quality, availability of shared geospatial information
- Providing access and integration of spatial data from the authoritative sources
- Promoting standards which enable information sharing across platforms
Frequently Asked Questions about PDF maps are also available.