Oil Sands Royalty Reporting
This page presents information about reporting requirements for oil sands royalties.
Please refer to Part 5 of the Oil Sands Royalty Regulation, 2009 Administration and Enforcement for the current royalty and related reporting requirements. Failure to provide the Department with any of the reports by the required due date may result in late filing penalties. In addition, interest will be assessed on any late payments.
Reporting Resources for Operators
The following documents or links may be helpful to oil sands operators in managing the royalty reporting process:
- Application for ETS Access
- Oil Sands Royalty Submission and Report Retrieval in ETS
- Project and Non Project Royalty Templates
- Project Royalty Form Validation Rules
- Non Project Well Royalty File Validation Rules
- Royalty Information Reports and Processing Schedule
- ETS Submission Process for Supplemental Reporting (Periods prior to 2015)
- ETS Submission Process for Supplemental Reporting (Effective Period 2015)
Queries may be directed to Oil Sands Reporting or see the frequently asked questions below. This process was developed from the Oil Sands Administrative and Strategic Information System (OASIS) project 2010-2013.