Oil and Gas Liability and Orphan WellsAlberta is reviewing our existing upstream oil and gas liability management system and providing a loan for the Orphan Well Association to clean up oil and gas sites.
Modern Electricity MarketAlberta’s electricity market is transitioning to a new capacity market framework which will reduce price volatility and provide the stability and reliability the system needs to transition to a lower carbon future.
Renewable and Alternative Energy
Reducing emissions and increasing the use of renewable and alternative energy sources are part of the Climate Leadership Plan. Results of Round one of Renewable Electricity Program were announced December 13.
- Power price protection for Medicine Hat consumers
- Value-added sector taking off in Alberta
- Alberta renewables auction record-setting success
- Protecting Albertans from delinquent oil and gas operators
- Carbon Competitiveness Incentives protect jobs